Sunday, March 24, 2013

Education & God


Parents/Elders spent a good amount of time trying to convince the growing generation to become the professionals that they could not be themselves when they were young.

I was once noticing how a certain family was so keen that their children should all be professional career holders. The sad part was the child did not share their enthusiasm and to add to his trouble, he neither had the academic-earning capacity to fulfill their words.

In the end it felt to me like a child who was forced to push a huge cart filled with stuff to read and learn with needles poking out from all sides of the cart indicating the huge pressure he was constantly in. I could also picture God at one side of the game as it is so common in India of people to pray a lot or have special pens etc to write their exam.


The plain question I would ask is - why learn something you cant take up and then bother God as well?

When i thought about it I giggled out loud and this painting was the visual response that came from within me.

I did a caricature of an angel to indicate God. 

Painting Details:
Date of creation :June 2005
Medium - Paper
Media - Poster colours, water colour pencils, crayons & pen
Size -14 inch (W) x 9.45 inch (H)
Sale Status : Available
Price : On request

No comments:

Post a Comment