Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Roses against the blue




This is another painting done as part of a series of knife paintings in January this year (2014).

I like to look at the blue sky. I spent my entire childhood in Dubai where the sun is always up. My school had a huge open playground (maidan). The sun would beat directly  upon us. During those hot days the clear blue sky would seem so endless. I would stretch out my hand as if trying to be ignorant of the truth of how vast and wide the sky truly is. 

Anyone who has stood directly under the sun during the hottest month will know how exactly difficult it is. 

As a child and now as well I like roses of all colours.There were no flowers in the hot vast playground in my school. But there were many roses in the playground of my mind.

I used to see these beautiful red roses as part of that vast, ever demanding, clear blue sky.

A thought of calmness is what settled within me when I had finished this painting. 

Hope you get to feel an emotion you hold close to on calm days as well.

Painting Details:
Date of creation :January 2014
Medium - Special Paper
Media - Acrylic done with knife
Size -17 inch (W) x 12 inch (H)
Sale Status : Available
Price : On request

No comments:

Post a Comment